Notice: Undefined index: PHPKITSID in /home/webqwfi8y/html/wochenend-kids.de/include.php on line 42
Wochenend-Kids.de Die erste Deutschsprachige Seite über Disneys Wochenend-Kids - Why can this forum exist?
Wochenend-Kids.de Die erste Deutschsprachige Seite über Disneys Wochenend-Kids - Why can this forum exist?
Start Einloggen Einloggen Die Mitglieder Das Foren-Team Suchfunktion
25807 Posts & 895 Themen in 18 Foren
  Login speichern
Forenübersicht » Off-Topic » English-only » Why can this forum exist?

vorheriges Thema   nächstes Thema
11 Posts in diesem Thema (offen)
Seiten (1): (1)
Autor
Beitrag
mikemills ist offline mikemills  
Why can this forum exist?
2225 Beiträge - Inventar
I`m really angry for the closing of my french-Thread and now i really want to know:
Can this english forum exsist than?
I don`t think so.
Every language has got the right to be explaned here,when it isn`t so,we have to close this forum here.
And i`m not with you when some people think (only one or two!) that they are right to close some threads when they couldn`t read the tpoic.
Beitrag vom 22.02.2006 - 16:13
Diesen Beitrag melden   nach weiteren Posts von mikemills suchen mikemills`s Profil ansehen mikemills eine E-Mail senden mikemills eine Kurznachricht senden mikemills`s Homepage besuchen mikemills zu deinen Freunden hinzufügen zum Anfang der Seite
Lorcool ist offline Lorcool  
1190 Beiträge - Hirngeschädigter
Lorcool`s alternatives Ego
I agree. I wouldn't have closed the French Thread, but I just noticed it today when it was already closed. And as Quailman explained the Estonian language in this forum, I'd suggest: Why don't we turn this "English-only" forum into a "forum for other languages"? That would be nice, I think. We could make sub-forums like "English-only" and "other languages", because there would be too many forums, if we'd create a forum for every language we know, I think.

So, what do the others think?

EDIT
I just started an internal discussion about this subject.

Der Post wurde 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Lorcool am 22.02.2006 - 16:31.
Beitrag vom 22.02.2006 - 16:22
Diesen Beitrag melden   nach weiteren Posts von Lorcool suchen Lorcool`s Profil ansehen Lorcool eine Kurznachricht senden Lorcool zu deinen Freunden hinzufügen zum Anfang der Seite
Gast Zulu The Preacher, Ambasciatore di speranza  
Gast
Hey, I wanted to suggest already to create more forums like the English-only one! But I dare you: don't turn this forum around! It was a gift once it was created, and has to stay that way.

And you, Mikemills. Sorry that we closed that thread, but it is an unwritten rule that if three people are against a thread it can be closed without _any_ more questions. So, it was actually two Admins and one user asking to close it. That should be sufficiant.

Even some more notes: you were _off_ topic with that thread. What does it do in Chat & Senseless? Couldn't you have asked me for support? I'm not against making fanstorys.de more open to other languages. But there is one fact here: the English-only forum was a gift to Nadia when it was opened, of course not only. Do we have any native speakers of French, Estonian or so here? Or someone who does not speak German so he or she would actually need it? Nope, there is not _one_ person here.

Der Post wurde 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Zulu The Preacher, Ambasciatore di speranza am 22.02.2006 - 16:45.
Beitrag vom 22.02.2006 - 16:32
Diesen Beitrag melden   zum Anfang der Seite
2225 Beiträge - Inventar
Last point,you`re right.
There isn`t anyone who needs it.

In the other ones...it doesn`t fit right.
Why have we than one estonian topic?
Same right at all?
And of course,Lorcool,your idea is great.
Regards the opening for Nadia:

Okay,you`re Admin and me not,but i think that this couldn`t go.
For exemple:
I travel to China and get there a new beloved one.
To phone everytime there is too expensive,so i open here a "Chinese-Only"-Forum.

A little bit stupid,but the difference is smaller than it seems.

Der Post wurde 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Mikemills am 22.02.2006 - 16:56.
Beitrag vom 22.02.2006 - 16:56
Diesen Beitrag melden   nach weiteren Posts von mikemills suchen mikemills`s Profil ansehen mikemills eine E-Mail senden mikemills eine Kurznachricht senden mikemills`s Homepage besuchen mikemills zu deinen Freunden hinzufügen zum Anfang der Seite
Gast
Was this "beloved one" thingy supposed to be an insult? hinterhältig
Beitrag vom 22.02.2006 - 17:00
2225 Beiträge - Inventar
Not really.
But this was the reason to open this forum,right?
Beitrag vom 22.02.2006 - 17:03
Gast
Nope it wasn't. It was because Nadia doesn't speak German. Pure and simple. Me falling for her someway or the other had nothing to do with it.
Beitrag vom 22.02.2006 - 17:04
As you all can see, I just opened a poll for this subject. Let's see if we come to a conclusion.
This "English-only" forum will stay in any case, because without it, Nadia or any other foreign user who might register could not communicate with us in our forum.
Beitrag vom 22.02.2006 - 17:20
Diesen Beitrag melden   nach weiteren Posts von Lorcool suchen Lorcool`s Profil ansehen Lorcool eine Kurznachricht senden Lorcool zu deinen Freunden hinzufügen zum Anfang der Seite
Timon ist offline Timon  
RE: Why can this forum exist?
826 Beiträge - Forum Junkie
Timon`s alternatives Ego
Zitat
Original geschrieben von Mikemills

I`m really angry for the closing of my french-Thread and now i really want to know:
Can this english forum exsist than?
I don`t think so.
Every language has got the right to be explaned here,when it isn`t so,we have to close this forum here.
And i`m not with you when some people think (only one or two!) that they are right to close some threads when they couldn`t read the tpoic.

Well, as far as I am concerned, there is the problem that no one besides you speaks more than a few words of french. Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember that there where once some comments about what kind of language everybody speaks.

If there was a french thread and nobody is able to post, it would be a one man show and rather boring even for you. There could be a forum about french, but it should be in German.

If Quail would post in Estonian in his estonian thread, well nobody had answered one word.
Beitrag vom 23.02.2006 - 10:24
Diesen Beitrag melden   nach weiteren Posts von Timon suchen Timon`s Profil ansehen Timon eine E-Mail senden Timon eine Kurznachricht senden Timon zu deinen Freunden hinzufügen zum Anfang der Seite
RE: RE: Why can this forum exist?
Zitat
Original geschrieben von Timon

Well, as far as I am concerned, there is the problem that no one besides you speaks more than a few words of french. Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember that there where once some comments about what kind of language everybody speaks.

Well, I can speak French, I even took this subject in my "Abitur". But I'm not very good at it any more.

Zitat
There could be a forum about french, but it should be in German.

Or in English?zwinkern
Beitrag vom 23.02.2006 - 22:59
Timon ist offline Timon  
RE: RE: RE: Why can this forum exist?
826 Beiträge - Forum Junkie
Timon`s alternatives Ego
Zitat
Original geschrieben von Lorcool

Or in English?zwinkern

"As you like it!" (Shakespeare)
Beitrag vom 24.02.2006 - 10:59
Diesen Beitrag melden   nach weiteren Posts von Timon suchen Timon`s Profil ansehen Timon eine E-Mail senden Timon eine Kurznachricht senden Timon zu deinen Freunden hinzufügen zum Anfang der Seite
Baumstruktur - Signaturen anzeigen
Seiten (1): (1)
vorheriges Thema   nächstes Thema

Gehe zu:  
Es ist / sind gerade keine registrierte(r) Benutzer und 41 Gäste online. Neuester Benutzer: anyway
Mit 441 Besuchern waren am 19.06.2016 - 02:45 die meisten Besucher gleichzeitig online.
aktive Themen der letzten 24 Stunden - Top-User

Wochenend-Kids.de © 2024
Seite in 0.14770 sec generiert